Sunday, June 24, 2007

Relive The Poly Days

So my poly classmates finally had a gathering on Friday at Hilton's Checkers Cafe. My impression of that place: The first & the last time ever. Let me tell you why. When I called to make reservation, a fella wasn't aware of dining discount for staff. I mean, if you aren't aware of credit card promotions, I can still forgive. But he's an employee! Never mind. And when a manager called back (I still remember the name), the tone he used on me is as if Conrad staff owe him money! Insisted on some "document" to validate that I'm working with the Conrad. Like hello...as if I'm not smart enough to know that I just need my ID with me? He said that it's good to have the F & B or HR department to write a letter to them. *rolls eyes*

I was so tempted to cancel the reservation but since Sandra thought of trying Hilton's, I just went ahead with it. They called me again a few days later & a few times, to confirm my reservation & the discount. Couldn't get me on my hp, they called me at work! It was infuriating! Best part, called my hp at 8.30 am on Friday itself to "remind" me of my reservation. I know it's for 15 pax. I know it's a Friday evening. I know I am a Conrad staff. But I don't call my guests at 8.30 am to confirm a reservation & you're calling yourself...the Hilton?! NOW, I feel good I'm working with the Conrad brand. *winks*

I arrived late coz I was held up at work. As I entered the cafe, the manager could somehow figure out who I am & introduced himself. He thanked me for coming & I replied sarcastically, "And thank you for calling me up so many times to confirm the reservation & the discount". He tried to explain but I just nod my head, giving him the " whatever" look. It was a seafood theme that night. Honestly, I was disappointed with the spread. Oriental's & Marina Mandarin's are waaaay much better. Even though Oscar's is more expensive, I wish I had suggested Oscar's instead. So, the makan experience...a BIG NO NO to Checker's. Sorry guys.


Sharon, myself & Jezebel. I haven't seen Sharon for like the longest time!


Some of us still look the same...like in good poly days. But Justin always change his hairstyle. As frequent as he change his undergarments, I bet!


Fizah loves taking candid pictures! No..actually she just love posing. Hehe!


The ladies in black.


Maria was being funny. She gave a demo on how to remove prawn shells. Jezebel even have it on record!


She's happy with her prawn now. :)


Class TO2 (2000-2003), Temasek Polytechnic.

Not in presence: Jovy (on flight), Justina (un-contactable), Kiran (un-contactable), Edith (un-contactable...but a tai tai I heard), Peter (stuck in camp!) & Yinglang (studying in Aussie). I miss those days...when we went to different schools (Design, ITAS, Engineering & Business) to lunch. And the time when we rushed for projects, skipped lectures...Hahaha. ..so fun.

After the not-so-shiok dinner, we went to Starbucks Liat Towers. (We sat at the cafe till quite late. THAT same manager said that he thought we gonna help him set up breakfast. So irritating, right?!)

Annie is working at Ritz Carlton & only the 2 of us are hoteliers. We entertained the rest with interesting stories about our job. Indeed, our work is THAT exciting. :)


The 2 married ladies & the swinging bachelorette.


The Hotelier No. 1, the SQ girl No. 1 (Jovy is No. 2), the soon-to-be Bummer & Hotelier No. 2!


Fizah, Shijia & Yumi. I realise, not all of us choose to be in tourism industry after school. Hmmmm~

**********************************************

Met Maria & Fizah again just now. We watched Fantastic 4 (I love it!) & had Rex chicken rice for dinner. Window shopped a bit at Plaza Singapura before heading down to Clarke Quay for drinks. I saw Fizah's Bali pictures & I so wanna go to Bali again! But I thought of going to somewhere I haven't been to before. Mr Weird suggested Koh Samui next month (Full Moon Party, people!). I don't think I can make it, seeing the number of people left at work. Anyway, Fizah is going to Tunisia in Aug ley...Best nyer! Let me Google on the great places to go. Hehe!

Liah: Start your research also, can? :)

5 comments:

FrankieThai said...

"Full Moon" party??? I thought "Full Moon" party is a gay party? No ah???

Anonymous said...

oh oh..... ur Mr Weird is excited about full moon party?? LOL

wah..heng for ur blog entry (i almost typed log entry, dunno why) about hilton. i had wanted to consider them for a gathering... *OUT*!

-nickole-

Norain said...

Full Moon Party is for gays meh?? I didn't know that. ANYWAY, still can see see wat. :)

Nickole: It's almost like a log entry lorr! I'm like the complaining guest (Finally it's my turn). You should enrol HH & go ard complaining about your status, like the Berglund fella. Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.