Sunday, June 03, 2007

Mamat's Wedding!

So, my cousin, Mamat got married today! The nikah was yesterday larr, but my mom said I have a choice to come today or yesterday...so I chose TODAY! It was a hot & sunny afternoon & thank God I was wearing a comfortable baju for the wedding. My sis & bro were helping out as kendarat (I escaped!). The whole ceremony seems like another Hari Raya gathering. I'm prepared to be attacked with questions by the aunties & uncles who will DEFINITELY ask when's my turn to get married (they did ask, of course). Luckily, I still have my cousins, Sulaiman & Ayos who're older than me & still unmarried. So I gave them as excuses. Haha...anyway, I told them straight that I'm not seeing anyone at the moment. Bik Yah & Cik Azan asked me about so & so, but I just shrugged & told them things are not meant to be lorr. Other than the marriage questions, the whole time I was there was quite nice. :)



My lil sis & I! I know...we do NOT look alike, right? Which is good.


Here they come! But they don't seem to be ready yet....


Yes....they are walking down the aisle. I mean, the walkway. Hehe!


So sweet. Mamat is finally married! I remember those days we were younger. Same sec. sch some more. And he guided me in Chemistry & A.Maths!


The mat kompangs & the mat kompang silat. Hmm...there's one who's not bad looking. :)


The cousins! There are more of us larr, but they were either nowhere in sight or they were too shy to take pictures. Tsk...Mamat only marry once ley! (Insyallah)


Me & Izzati. She's a smart girl...like me. Hahaha!



It's Sulaiman's turn next time! (After Eis's in Aug) He's Mamat's younger bro, by the way. This fella is funny larr & still as jagung sometimes. I seldom meet him but when we do, my first line to him will be "Sulaiman...how come you're getting fatter??". And he'll reply..."Handsome what". Hahaha! Only his Watie can tahan him I guess. :)



My parents feeling also...macam just got married. As long as they're happy larr....


The kendarat people having their meals. If you realise, the wedding couple are feeding each other on the top left hand corner of the pic, Sulaiman & gf on the top right & the kids are eating happily! How harmonious, right?!


Let me post this shot to recognize their effort for clearing the dishes & cleaning the whatnots...



The gubahan & hantaran items! My mom was the excited one about these stuff. She even dragged me to see it coz of what, you know? Just to SEE SEE. Like...duh *rolls eyes*. I told my mom that when it's my turn, THEN I'll be interested. Gosh....is your mom like mine too??? Hehe....but my mummy is a wonderful lady, hokays. Anyway, congrats to Mamat & Jannah! May you have a blissful marriage & a lifetime of happiness. Insyallah.

6 comments:

Helmi said...

Such a nice family. Reminds me of my family in happy times. Don't worry Norain, when you get married, I'll be your photographer K.

Anonymous said...

haha! this entry is sweet and funny at the same time.

-nickole-

Anonymous said...

n Ain, tell ur sister/brother/younger cousins not to worry. wen u get married, i make sure e catering includes kendarats also k :D

- married veteran/nur bedahsari

Norain said...

Hahaha!! So nice of Obek Mi to be my photographer. So free of charge ok? Nickole: Some of terms is in malay coz I dunno wat are they in English. You can understand or not? Or you ask Aisah to explain is it?
Suliana: Hmmm...IF i get married, it'll be simple yet a lovely affair. You sit quietly beside me orite? :)

Helmi said...

Last warning. Stop calling me Obek Mi

LeiyA said...

hey...i will sure help out at your wedding...but dun wanna be kendarat ok...