Friday, April 27, 2007

My Virgin Motorbike Ride

I've been wanting to go to the new Ikea store at Tampines for the longest time. Met Bedah at CCK, took the MRT to Woodlands & then a bus down to Tampines. The journey was about an hour only! It's better than taking the MRT all the way to Tampines.


Suliana was struggling to put on make-up in the bus. She was late (as usual) & STILL, didn't have the time to do it at home. Tsk.


And she brought along her so-thick Harry Porter book....


We both had nasi padang at the Ikea Cafe. The food reminds me of those served in hospitals...


I love my baju from Sydney. I wish I had shopped for more!



We were envious of the stuff in Ikea. I started to dream what my own place will be like. I'm sure it'll be a nice and comfy abode. Anyway, the store is soooo huge. I'm amazed by the self-service furniture area, just before the check out (exit). I was looking for candle holders for aromatherapy but nothing caught my eye. Then I thought of getting a bowl for putting potpourri but was too lazy to bring them back. Haha...so in the end, only Suliana got something for her home & Rina.

The 2 of us walked around for a bit at Tampines Mall before taking a coffee break at Starbucks. Suliana had to go off & I was left alone for a good 1 1/2 hrs. Planned to meet Maria & her friends at her void deck before going for dinner together.


I was waiting for Maria & I realise.....Her block is just opposite Faizal's! By the way, he's touring Europe now, for 18 days! Bloody hell...When's my turn?


Maria & her 3-patties burger!


So, Maria introduced me to her biker friends, called Hairul & "Weird". Now, Mr Weird has a real name of course, but since she calls him by that nick name, I shall address him the same, in my blog at least. Maria pillioned me to Jalan Kayu for Mad Jack. I'm her first pillion (besides her boyfie) & it was also my first bike ride! She was nervous & actually, I was too, though I've full trust in her. She asked me to pillion Mr Weird...but I don't feel right to pillion a guy I just met for 5 mins. Maria asked me hug her & not to let go at all times while we were on the road.

The ride was alright & we reached Mad Jack's safely. Had dinner & chatted till about 11 pm before Mr Weird asked if I know my way home. I was like...."Of course I know! It's just TPE, SLE, BKE & KJE". Even though I have no bike or car license, I definitely know directions well. :) I thought he was just asking for fun but he actually meant to send me home. Maria gave me the assurance & I decided..oh well, just go ahead with it. Hmmm....for a person who has never taken a ride on a bike before, I'm impressed with his riding. He has a big bike but indeed, like Maria said "You'll feel safe on his bike". That's ...kinda true. So, thanks Mr Weird, for the cool ride home. :)

9 comments:

ah fun said...

woooo... biker chick!

Helmi said...

Minah Motor seh.

Norain said...

Do you all have nicer things to say? Like wish me luck & happiness? :)

ah fun said...

wad has being a biker chick gotta do with luck & happiness? sorry ah i didnt read into ur post... hahaha *acts blur*

Norain said...

Yea right...act blur some more lor. Btw, it's kinda cute that the ppl who have the blogs are the same ppl who leave comments too. Lol!

Anonymous said...

haha...virgin motor bike ride...im sure u had fun...just had my virgin ride on a scrambler yesterday...i was quiet :P...

Anonymous said...

i forgot to say...im excited for u!!! :)

ah fun said...

yea its only like mi, yin, nic, diq, myself.. now there's liah too! ohoh and siew ching at times.. :)

Norain said...

Haha! Like so chic hor? Myabe I should do a chat box? I need to upgrade my blog lar...coz more ppl are reading it..even Ftee!