Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Holiday - Aussie Style (Part 2)

Day 5: Sydney - Here We Come!


This poster compliments me larr... Hehe!


Flew a Qantas domestic flight to Sydney & reached there at about 1pm.


And we simply luuurve our room at Hilton Sydney!



We got a room on Level 38, mind you! Fantastic views of the city. The shopping & makan areas are spread nicely around the hotel too. So good location!



After cam-whoring a bit in the room, we went to check out Queen Victoria Building, which is just opposite the hotel. The stuff sold there are kinda upmarket & the structure of the building reminds me of those in Melbourne. We got hungry & thought of an early dinner. Took a taxi (coz we were tired of figuring out the map) & proceed to The Rocks! Fairoz told me to try this eatery called Pancakes on The Rocks. We ordered Chicken & Mushroom crepe, a bowl of nachos & a side salad. Not forgetting Devil's Delight, which consist of 2 chocolate pancakes, topped with chocolate ice-cream, strawberries & chocolate drizzle! Yummy yum yum!



After the sumptuous dinner, we walked down to Sydney Opera House & Sydney Harbour Bridge. It was a lovely sight....I wish THAT someone was around but I enjoyed Liah's company too. We talked about life, future..stuff like that. :)



Then it's to Hard Rock Cafe next! My sis was bugging me to get something for her from Hard Rock's collectibles. I already bought myself a shirt from Hard Rock Melbourne so I just got her one from Sydney's. Walked back to Hilton Sydney, put our stuff in the room & head downstairs to Zeta Bar for drinks. There was a small alfresco area at the bar where you can see the Queen Victoria Building smacked right in front. Beautiful....


Day 6: Shopping & Bondi-ing.



After breakfast, we went to Paddy's Market, near Chinatown. Most of the shops are selling the same stuff, it's like Bugis Market actually. I got my bro a shirt & 2 mats for my mom. Then to Pitt St (which is just beside Hilton Sydney) for serious shopping! Bought a few tops, a pair of jeans & a bangle!


And we had Krispy Kreme! The doughnuts are soft & tasty. Best larr!



Bondi Beach to look for surfer dudes! I wanna get a house there too. :)



By the time we got back to the city, it was rather late & we were so hungry! You see, we had a big breakfast at the hotel & doughnuts for like lunch cum tea time. After so much walking & braving the cold wind throughout the day, we could eat like carnivores! Liah & I decided to get take-aways & enjoy them in the comfort of our gorgeous room. :)



I had lahmachun (Turkish styled pizza), Liah bought a kebab & then we were craving for sushi! Buy 2 sushi & get 1 free. We were greedy lar....so we got 6! We were struggling to finish them! Haha... Heavy dinner but a good one!


Day 7: Blue Mountains & Jenolan Caves



Liah & I would take pics EVERY morning by our room's windows. It's nice to see the bright & sunny view of the city. I especially like the above, first on the left pic of myself by the glass window. Even Helmi said I looked good. Now...it's not easy to get REAL compliments from Helmi, ok. :) Anyway, we waited to be picked up for our tour to Blue Mountains & Jenolan Caves after breakfast. The journey to see the mountains took about 2 hrs from Sydney. We had 2 handsome Italian men sitting behind us in the coach. They were talking so loudly that I couldn't catch a proper nap. Tsk!


Blue Mountains & The 3 Sisters. Whoa....



It took another hour to reach Jenolan Caves from Blue Mountains. The cave tour was interesting AT FIRST. Liah & I got bored somehow & we were yawning non stop. Haha! I felt a lil claustrophobic being in the caves for too long. 2 hours, ley! We climbed up... walked down the small steps. Gosh...this holiday is really testing my stamina!



Was thinking of dinner at Hungry Jack (the logo is EXACTLY like Burger King's) on our way back to Sydney. We dropped at Darling Harbour & gladly saw an Oporto outlet there. Oporto is this famous fast food chain in Australia that serves flame-grilled chicken & burgers larr. I had a Bondi Burger Meal (How Sydney-ish is that!) & Liah had 1/4 chicken meal, dipped in Oporto's special chili sauce. Just beside Oporto, I saw Cold Rock ice cream parlour! Marc told me before how wonderful their ice-cream is. So, it's another must try!


I only understood the tagline AFTER I got my cuppa...



I chose Double Chocolate ice-cream & cookie dough as the topping. The staff then placed the ice-cream on a cold board, (Liah said it's ice. I'm not sure either) add the cookie dough on top of the ice-cream & started to "smash" & mix it with the ice-cream! I'm impressed!



Still mixing...making sure it blended nicely for dearest me.....



It's almost like Ben & Jerry's! Just that I see the making of the cookie dough chocolate ice-cream live at Cold Rock! Hehe~




Our last night in Sydney. Kinda sad to leave....


Day 8: Home Sweet Home



So it's our last day in our gorgeous room! What else can we do besides making the best out of the camera, the room & myself! I like my outfit AND the poses. Haha...feeling model for a while. And Hamsa said I'm not photogenic enough. Such audacity! *Laughs out loud*


Thank God our luggage didn't exceed the allowance of 20kg!


I insisted on grabbing a bite before boarding our flight back. The food served on planes are usually sucky anyway. I was happy...that I got my favourites. I couldn't ask for more. Starbucks' Mint Latte (Starbucks in S'pore only carry mint syrup during Christmas worr), Jester's beef & mushroom pie & Krispy Kreme's Easter bun! Who cares about calories..for now at least. :) And guess what Liah ate? Oporto's fries & special chili sauce!


A trip with all the delicious food!



Goodbye Australia & welcome home to us.....


Liah: We shall make our JB outing come true, ok? Insyallah. And where are we going next? Though you are such a camera whore & couldn't get directions right for Heaven's sake, I still wanna travel with you again larr...*winks*

1 comment:

Helmi said...

To the 2 boyanese sisters, you girls rock on this trip. Norain, the way you write makes me feel as if I'm there as well.