Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The So-Called Atas Dinner

Yes! I apologize for the delay on the dinner update but I have to wait for Nicky to send me the pictures. You see, I don't have my own digital camera (I share with my sis) & it so happens that on that very day we met for dinner, my sis brought the camera along with her. So, I got Nickole to play photographer & snap some shots for me.

Well, like I said, the dinner was at Greenhouse, Ritz-Carlton Millenia. The cost of the buffet is slightly more expensive (about $55) & the spread was...okay. Better than Hilton's of course! I quite like the setting of the restaurant. After all, it's the Ritz-Carlton, darlings. I know, I know.... my friends has been saying that I spent a lot on food. Keke! Oriental's Melt Cafe in May, Aquamarine at Marina Mandarin & Checker's at Hilton last month. And then, off to Ritz-Carlton! Wait till Charlene's wedding at Grand Hyatt next week. Feeling worr...


My buddy left for the greener pastures!


Cindy, Suelyn, Sue & Nickole. We were kinda full...the chilli crabs were shiok!


The 2 trainees, June & Cindy ended their contract about the same time Sue tendered her resignation. Oh yah, Aisah & Tom too!


The ex-Conradians, Sadiq & Daphne, joined us for the dinner as well. The trend now seems that whenever someone left the team, we "celeberate" the "graduation" with a cool dinner. :) I better start finding ideas on where my farewell dinner will be at.


The ten of us. Oh..Sadiq helped to take this shot.

On Sue's last day at work, I was working night shift. When I saw her in the morning, I didn't talk much & just shook her hand, wishing her all the best. I didn't wanna hug coz I don't wanna feel that she's really leaving. That was settled. BUT, when we were about to say our byes at the restaurant that night, I hugged her & again, wished her good luck & thank her for being there for me as a wonderful colleague & friend. For a good 5 secs, we didn't let go of our hands & the most un-glorious thing that could happen; we both cried!

This year started on a very new note for me. Those people who know what happened, yes, I really appreciate them giving me the moral support & encouragement. I must say, I see my colleagues on a different light (It's a good light, hokays. The kinda lights you see at the end of the tunnel! Haha!).

Though I'm very close to Liah, Nickole,Suelyn... Sue was the best buddy larr. I told Liah, if she ever leave, I don't wanna see her on her last day at all. Haha! Nickole won't move till next year. Anyway, later that night, Liah sms-ed me, saying that she'll always be there for me as a friend & urging me not to feel sad. So sweet!

P/s: Liah is still single. So what are you guys waiting for? *winks*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

waduh waduh...sempat eh advertise kawan at e end of e blog. haha. advertise me also lah!

eh wait, i'm not single. hehe...opps :p

Checher Bedah

LeiyA said...

Aww

LeiyA said...

Thats so sweet...touchinglah...now my schedule too packed to have a bf...let nature takes its course...:P