Sunday, September 02, 2007

Supper @ Geylang

Ok.. this may be nothing to others, but I just came back from Geylang for supper! GEYLANG ley! First time for me worr! Oh, for me to be able to go supper also means that I finished work slightly earlier than the past few days. Thank God I had Momo for my afternoon team & Daniel was doing mid shift. It helps to have these seniors around, you know.

Daniel waited for me, Momo & Jamadi to finish our shift & we drove to Geylang to eat...beancurd! Well, there's nothing much that I can eat in Geylang anyway. (I even thought of durians!) I took Daniel's Cherovlet & Momo hopped into Jamadi's Subaru. Jamadi drove sooooo fast that it's hard for Daniel to catch up. Haha!

The funny thing is that I've never been to THAT Geylang area at night. I'm the kinda person who likes to see what's around me, especially if I've never been to that particular place before. We drove past the tiny lorongs, & I was amazed by the red light districts. So suaku! You mean those girls really stood around, waiting for customers? Some even brought beach chairs kind & sat along the pavement, fanning themselves! I've seen such acts on tv but to see them live with my own eyes, it's like WHOA. Jamadi & Daniel were surprised that I've never been to Geylang lorongs before. They seemed to be VERY familiar though. :) Damn...I should have brought my camera.

We ate at one of the coffeeshop along the main road & had beancurd & you tiao. Daniel ordered xiao long bao for himself too. Momo was wondering why it was still crowded at 3am. I told her Singaporeans eat at anytime of the day one. The 4 of us were discussing about the "ladies of the night"...& I must say I'm impressed with Jamadi's answers. This guy is smart & quite an observant! There're certain things that I wasn't aware in the past or didn't bother to ponder about. Hehe...thanks to Jamadi's explaination, Momo & I know men a tad better now. *laughs out loud*

Jamadi gave me the lift back home coz it's more convenient (he stays in Woodlands). Sitting beside him in his Subaru is like sitting beside Michael Schumacher seh. I love the adrenalin rush in fast cars though. Like stress relief! NOW I feel like driving. :) We chatted quite a bit & I understand his predicament. Cheer up, friend! Insyallah, things will work out just fine. Life goes on, hokays!

4 comments:

LeiyA said...

yeah, life goes on....when a door closes, another one opens...if not, there are windows too...

u too sista...all will be great!

Norain said...

Tired lar...have to keep looking out for doors. I don't see the purpose of opening the doors or windows now. I prefer privacy & darkness. I'll find my way around myself.

Edz GorGor said...

wah ... geylang ....!!!!

still remember the last time i had supper there was about 6 years ago!

chinggg said...

i love the beancurd & you tiao leh. but goondumimi always brings me to rochor beancurd & doesnt wanna eat you tiao.