Saturday, September 29, 2007

Friends Forever

Spent a fanta-bulous evening on Thursday. Farah was back in S'pore & I haven't seen her for more than a year as she's based in Dubai. Supposed to meet her & Charlene only. Then she sms-ed me in the wee hours that Sadiq was coming & asked me to get Liah to join too (I was so busy that I didn't think about calling the rest of the usual us). When I was at work, Nickole was saying casually that she gonna have dinner with Charlene & Farah. It was funny coz both of us never talk about it before that! Then, Shawn called me..wondering what time Nickole & I could finish our shift...coz he's with Farah! Nickole added that Sue, Gen & Clarabelle gonna meet us too. Like wow lorr!

Farah, Sadiq & I had Muthu's Curry for dinner while the rest of the girls had Fish & Co. All of us met again at Starbucks & guess what...Michelle, Daniel & Jamadi came too. What a lovely gathering. At Starbucks some more! Why, you may ask. Well...each of us will agree that at some point of our life in Conrad, we were THAT addicted to Starbucks Coffee. So, from just a small meet-up, it became a major one that consist all the fellow front office peeps! If all of us were to work in 1 shift, say on Christmas Eve, no matter how busy it is...still shiok larr! Sighs..and that reminds me of the good old days...

P/s: How can we forget to call Suelyn??! It was really last minute...sorry Ah-Fun! And what about Helmi & Frankie? Geez...











It was Faizal's last day at work yesterday. Just before he bid goodbye, I hugged him & gave him my well wishes. My emo-ness came along & I cried! I thanked him for all his guidance (the bitching, scolding & mood swings helps!) & for the fact that he was there for me when I was down & out early this year. He had tears in his eyes too! Gosh...lucky only got Yijun, Faizal & myself at that moment. The trainees saw me wiping my tears & they kept quiet suddenly. :)


I took my own sweet time after my shift & had a chat with Craig & Chandran. As much as I'm happy for them who left for the greener pastures, I can't help feeling sad coz those days when we all had so much fun at work..are just memories now. I was telling Craig, it's not easy to find colleagues who can be your good friends & them..leaving one by one this year, is indeed a great test for me. First was Sadiq, then Suelyn, Sue, Liah & Faizal. I can't help tearing again & Craig almost cried too! Haha..I have that effect on people when I cry, huh? :) I can be so detached & perverse...but I keep friends & relationships close to my heart. Touching, you!



For all those times you scolded me (Norain! Re-update your reg card!)

For all the lies that you made me say (no NS, KB)

For all the joy you brought to my life (Your singing & Melayu drama sensation)

For all the logs that you have write (Remember #2201?)

For everything that you have taught (Misc duties, EF & AM training)

For all the guidance I found in you

I'll be forever thankful...:)

3 comments:

ah fun said...

cant believe ALL of u forgot abt me. how disappointing. guess it says alot. but ah yin thanks for tryin so hard in ur later part in ur entry for trying to make it seem like im missed... tsk.

oh dear i missed my syed faizal alririfatttt on his last day!! faizy woozy, if u ever get to read this.... everything that needs to be said has already been said by norain. mainly thanks for ur guidance.. i'll miss singing the oldie mouldies with u while in the back office. 'keep smiling, keep shining, knowing u can always count on me, for sure. thats what friends are for, for good times and bad times. i'll be on ur side forever more. thats what friends are for...' *sniffs*

Anonymous said...

omg! that pic! geez.... i need to visit the dentist LOL

-nickole-

Anonymous said...

oh! ah fun, dun worry, we can aim for another on btw 14-20oct. farah is back during tat period. wun forget u this time

-nickole-