Sunday, May 06, 2007

Egyptian Night!

Have you tried Egyptian cuisine before? I did for the first time just now. Well, I feel that Turkish, Lebanese & Egyptian food all taste rather similiar...or it's just me who thought they do. I haven't spend a good evening at Arab St for a long time, last year was the last one I remember. Fizah & Maria are regulars already...so it's just me & Suliana being the "suaku" girls. They took us to an Egyptian restaurant called Altazzag.


Located at the junction of Haji Lane and Baghdad Street, this quaint little Egyptian restaurant is a good place to unwind & ease the stress away. Tucked away in a corner along the narrow lane, it offers more privacy, even if you're sitting along the five-foot-way. Hmmm...sounds weird but I like the view from where we were seated. Food wise... is good & reasonably priced too. I personally love the potato wedges! It's unique, in a sense that there's a special sauce to go with the wedges. Must try!


Was deciding whether to go for lamb shawarma or beef shish kebab. I went for the latter. :)


We had fun gossiping & story-telling! I just realise that each of us are of a different "marital status". Suliana is a mother, Fizah is married, Maria is attached & I'm a swinging singleton! The married ladies were sitting on 1 side, while the singles were sitting on the other. We had a mini debate on being single or married is better (for now, at least. Haha!). So, Fizah & Suliana were giving me tips to attract men, but also telling me the perks of being single. Keke....They even asked me to start watching "Sex & the City".


Every meeting with these meenahs are wonderful. Great friends they are!


See?? The vainpots are busy touching up their make-up. By the way, Fizah, Suliana & me use MAC cosmetics. We are really endorsing it, man. *laughs out loud*


After the meal, we head down to Kampong Glam Cafe for teh-tariks. Don't these girls look like they're doing a teh-tarik campaign? Imagine Fizah saying "Teh-tarik is nice" & Suliana chirps in, "Drink it at Kampong Glam Cafe! Only cost 70 cents". Hahaha!


Shiok ah!


Maria: When are you gonna pillion me again, ah? :)


Fizah is always the career-minded woman. But we have the same vision on marriage. Period.


Arab St at midnight. Home sweet home.


P/s: I can't wait to go on the trip with you girls! Insyallah.

2 comments:

chinggg said...

what a wonderful gals' night out! now im reminiscin' the moments wif ma gals~

Anonymous said...

wah...nice pictures!!
i liking, no? *sri lankan accent*

p.s.- i'm back online!