Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sawadee-kap!

Ok...for a start, I'm doing this entry live in Phuket! This may sound ridiculous but I actually plan to go on a short getaway on my own for the longest time. I applied leave, just nice on the week that I was up for Gwen Stefani's concert, Liah's play the next day & then pack my bags for my holiday. I booked a room at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa & flew via Tiger Airways. My boss wouldn't believe that I'm going to Phuket alone (She has this idea in her head that I'm bringing a man). It was almost successful...UNTIL last week that Suliana thought of tagging along. She gave me a list of what I can't do & what I'm supposed to do in Phuket (She's worse than my mom!). And then...she said..."Why not I join you as well?!". So she did. We've been thinking of holidaying together again but I really had my mind set for a me-vacation. Anyway, she's good company. I'll plot another solo trip next time & I won't tell anyone! :)

Right from the beginning today, the customer service people at the Budget Terminal, the Tiger Airways crew & the Hotel staff has been very pleasant. So much better than my trip to Bangkok & Pattaya last year. When we entered the compounds of Hilton Arcadia, we were greeted & then showed to a mini "Hilton van" that we took us to the check-in area. Suliana & I felt like VIPs! I was introduced to the AM on duty & I almost forgot that I'm here for a holiday. :)

So...my room is great. Sea view, leyy! 12th floor some more! Suliana brought Rina out to jalan-jalan around the resort. I decided to stay in the room & do an entry before we go shopping later. Weather kinda sucky though. There're a few wings in the resort. I'm in the Andaman Wing, I think. The resort has activities lined up for in-house guests; eg. pilates, aerobics, batik painting & even a Muay Thai class! And not forgetting the spa that I'll indulge in one of these days.

I guess I'll only put up the pics when I'm back home. There're shots of Gwen Stefani too...& Liah in her 50s. Hahaha!

P/s: I plucked my courage & sms-ed someone this morning before I board my flight to Phuket. It's hard to explain things, even harder not to have hopes. Maybe his impression of me changes after the sms? In any case, liking someone just mean sheer disappointment to me....

6 comments:

Helmi said...

You can tell boss that you brought Hewlett also mah.

Norain said...

And boss will think I am mad...Haha!

FrankieThai said...

Aiyo so nice to be in Thailand!!!! Wished I was there!!!!!
My nice trip is soooooooooooooooo far away!!!!! *sob sob sob*

Norain said...

The weather is so gloomy though. I've been really hibernating. Lazying in bed, looking out to the sea & great songs to listen to...
:)

LeiyA said...

oi...haf fun eh...dun forget us here...

chinggg said...

wah i also wanna go leh! *enviousssss*