Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Rainy Phuket Trip

Back in Singapore this morning. My trip was alright. Tsk, it rained EVERYDAY! I know it's the monsoon season in Phuket now but still... Before you all start asking me if I snorkelled, if I swam, if I tanned...let me tell you: I did NONE of the above. :( This is so unbelievable but I didn't even shop much! Only bought like..a skirt & a top? The shopping instincts didn't really hit me larr. Oh...I had the best spa treatment though.

Day 1: Arrive in Phuket

Hang around the resort. It's so private! Great for those with families or honeymooners. Lonely people like me also could find things to do! Hehe~

Nap. I've been working on night shifts, enjoyed Gwen's concert, worked again, watched Liah's play & then off to Phuket. Hectic worr! Need beauty sleep badly...

Checked out the Sails' Cafe & Andaman Lounge. Booked a 2 hr session at the spa for next day.

Spent time with Hewlett & blasted my fav songs on Nano. Fell asleep.








***********************************************

Day 2: Spa-ing & Shopping

Weather hasn't change. Got worse, in fact! After breakfast, I "hibenate" in the room for a bit while Suliana took Rina out for a swim at the pool.

Spa apointment was for 1.45 pm. I must say, it's the best feature in the hotel besides the 3 big pools. I made my way to the spa (slightly further from the main resort, across a lagoon & a garden) & was recommended to go for the herbal steam bath before my treatment. I chose Honey Body Mask & Siamese massage. The therapist introduced herself & showed me to the treatment room. Well, I seriously thought it would be a ROOM but no...it was a VILLA! All treatments are done in private villas, leyy! My villa is called Synergy & it's so nice! I had the honey mask first, rinsed myself in an outdoor shower stall (all the birds & bees could see me bare naked!) & then got ready for my massage. I actually fell asleep. Such a bliss! Who cares about the weather? Hahaha!

Met Suliana & took a cab to Patong Beach. Walked around a bit & then went back to Hilton.









*******************************************

Day 3: Beach & Seafood Dinner

The rain stopped for awhile, after breakfast. Suliana managed to put Rina to sleep after another round of swimming & so we "sneaked" out to the beach, just a few metres away from the resort. The waves are scary. No wonder got red flags that reflect warning signs in the danger of swimming in the open sea.

Went Patong again as Suliana need to get some stuff for her students. Had dinner by Patong Beach.











*********************************************************

Day 4: Home Sweet Home


The long queue to check-in at Tiger Airways counter. That explains Rina's grumbled face.


Dunkin Donuts for breakfast


Hmmm...already planning my next vacation. ;) Who's up for it?

1 comment:

FrankieThai said...

Hey gurlfren! welcome back!!! It was hell at work but GLAD that u had fun and a good trip. The pics are great!!! Wished i was there!!! :-(