Monday, September 25, 2006

Ramadhan -The Test of My Patience

The fasting month has started again. It's time for me to shed some weight to fit into my kebaya (hopefully!), strive to be a better person & do good deeds. Sighs...speaking of good deeds, I just bitched at the NTUC aunty just now. In the first place, I never like shoping for groceries at NTUC. It's always full of people (kiasu ones of course!) & the queue is bloody long & slow. Anyway, my sis wanted to buy some stuff to break fast so I just tagged along. I felt like eating tortilla chips dipped with salsa sauce. We searched row by row for instant salsa sauce but couldn't seem to find. Hmm...NTUC don't carry salsa sauce?! Unbelievable..but oh well, my sis decided to ask one of the NTUC aunties. She was like busy doing her job (arranging ketchup bottles on the rack) & when my sis asked, without even looking at us or thinking for a second, she replied a flat NO! I got pissed by her reaction & I just said to my sister loudly: "I don't think she know what's a salsa sauce!". Now, the aunty SURE has heard me because she turned to us, repeats nicely that NTUC does not carry that item. Her tone was much better this time but too bad..I was starting to pull my sister away. I know...it's just NTUC, not Giordano or MacDonald's & I had worse encounter of bad service (Eg. the Birkenstock store at Wheelock) but come to think of it, it's really a test of my patience on my first day of fasting! Looks like I expect too much of a supermarket.

Anyway, that's about the unavailable salsa sauce. There were long queues on every counter, so we had no choice but to endure with the crowd. The couple in front of us bought loads of potato chips & it's really 1 trolley of chips! They can open a chips-only store at home! Then, while we were still waiting for our seemed to be like forever turn to pay, this uncle behind us just shouted over to the cashier & asked how much is a packet of Pringles. I was like...hello, can't you wait for your turn?! We are all in the queue! Goodness, that uncle must have been inspired to get chips as well from the couple in front! Sighs....now you know why I don't like NTUC.



I saw Hershey's coated mashmallow with strawberry filling! Can't resist from buying a packet. Then, since I couldn't get my salsa sauce, forget about tortilla chips! Instead, I bought Kettle's Spicy Thai. The colour of both look so striking..hehe~ THAT I like. :)

No comments: