Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Oh Mustafa...

This is unbelievable but I just came back from Mustafa Centre! Yes..it's that 24-hrs shopping mall down at Little India. Initially, me & Sue just thought of having supper at Newton. We haven't been to the newly renovated Newton Circus food centre so we decided to have a look. Sue ordered lotsa food, namely: sambal stingray, cockles, kailan & satay! And it's just the 2 of us...Sue is a HUGE eater for your info. :) I didn't really like the cockles though. Sue has a craving for them and she likes half-cooked ones. I didn't dare to eat too much of the bloody cockles....Haha!

After the heavy supper, I was just saying out of nowhere that maybe it'd be cool to go shopping in the wee hours. Sue was surprisingly enthusiastic about that idea & we thought of the only shopping centre that is open: Mustafa Centre! We head down & shop for...instant noodle, tidbits..groceries. There were quite a number of people for a 3am on Wednesday morning. I saw a family with their kids AND the strollers (Can't they let the kids sleep at home?!), a mom & her teenage daughter (And I wonder if it's the school holidays yet again) & some tourists. It's really like a Sunday afternoon at Jason's. Sue & I had fun going row by row of snacks...amazed by the neat stacks of tidbit & "unique" packaging of some food stuff. We must have gone crazy due to work stress...that we have to shop at 3am! Hmmm...I changed my mind a bit about Mustafa Centre though. For the better, of course. And I'll consider shopping again at 3am. :) The last time I did that was a few years back in Seoul.

Anyway, it's time for me to accompany my bed. My feet are sore from all the walking & standing. I'm doing night shift later..so I can have ample sleep! Finally!

No comments: