Thursday, December 22, 2005

Dinner At The Bistro...

I felt like being a romantic girlfie today, so I planned to have a cosy dinner with Superhero. I read about this new dining place at Mount Faber, called Faber Hill Bistro at the Straits' Times. When I called up to make enquiries, the staff was like unsure of the menu & range of prices. My call was transfered a couple of times but anyways, decided to give it a try.

We took the cable car to Sentosa and then to Mount Faber. It's so nice to be up in the air for awhile, to calm our nerves down. Superhero was already stoning coz he was getting hungry! He didn't know where I was taking him of course...

The bistro's location is nice but before we even sat down, I was bitten by a mosquito. After we ordered, I was bitten twice again! Now, I get very irritated by mosquitoe bites & I hope it won't spoil my evening! Superhero ordered a Salmon Platter & I had Spaghetti Bolognaise. (When I'm in a new eating place, I'll go for the basics, you see). If you ask me, the food was just okay. Nothing out of the ordinary. I guess the staff are new coz they don't seem to be familiarised with the menu or the surroundings. I noticed that the patron was teaching the service staff on how to serve wine at another table! Goodness.. & we are paying for service charge worr...

Superhero & I finished off with a serving of tiramisu. Interesting one, coz we were expecting a cake kind but it came as a crunchy bowl-like cone with tiramisu flavoured ice cream & some sweet stuff in it. All for $13! Hmmm...it's hard to get a decent tiramisu up on a hill yah..

Well, go Mount Faber for the walk & if you feeling-feeling Genting Highland in Singapore. But other than that, skip the meals up there & just proceed to Liang Seah Hawker Centre for good Indian food instead...

No comments: