Tuesday, May 06, 2008

KL Drifted

I was bored. He was as bored. So, one day, we decided to just pack our bags & head to KL for the weekend. Why KL? It's such a bustling city, like S'pore. The people are as multi-racial, like S'pore. The shopping is so-so, like S'pore. Haha...but my poor friend, Riduwan, hasn't been to KL since he was...7 yrs old? He was excited on entering Hilton KL. We went to have a sumptuous dinner at San Francisco Steakhouse at KLCC and watched Ironman after that. Had drinks at Zeta Bar. So typical of a Saturday evening. The next day, I show him around Bt Bintang area. He was insistent of having a local fare & it MUST NOT be chicken rice. (I don't get it either) And the moment we entered the huge malls, we stopped at level 3 (out of 7 floors). The weather was hot & humid. Forget shopping, we went back to Hilton & spent the rest of the day, napping & watching variety shows on the plasma tv. How Sunday-ish.

Why so lil picures? Coz stupid me forgot to charge the camera's battery & Riduwan hates taking pics! Hence, I got lazy myself too. Bleagh. Just like in Thailand last January. :)



The chicken briyani didn't look like a briyani. But the taste...shiok!


Saw this shop called Dickies at Berjaya Times' Square. *winks*


And that's how we covered our weekend in KL. I need a beach holiday SOON.

Lavanya: August trip still ok, tak?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss KL!!!

FrankieThai said...

So you went with a "guy" friend!!! Thought u went alone. :-P

Norain said...

Frankie: You haven't heard? I became famous over the weekend coz one of our "good" colleague said I went scandaling in KL. Gee...I never have such a reputation in Conrad. I think that someone decided to give some form of excitement to my job after 4 yrs. Haha!

Helmi said...

Hmph....no comments from me.

Siti Arbaiya said...

good on ya woman - a girl should always have a few men on her sleeves....