Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Welcome 2008

Another year has passed...just like that. If you ask me how has 2007 been for me, I'll say that it was one roller coaster ride..& I couldn't wait to move on to 2008. :) I think I'll even name the year 2007 as my prosmicuous year! Looking back...everything was worth remembering. Let's see:

-I travelled the most in 2007. I stepped my foot in Bali, Melbourne, Sydney, KL & Phuket. Each destination brings back great memories. I even went for my first solo trip overseas (Well..KL sounds overseas enough!). Hopefully, I get to visit more places in 2008 & travelling alone proves just as much fun!

- Attended the most number of weddings in a year. From my 2 cousins, my colleagues (Ayu, Tini & Catherine), my friends (Charlene, Hamizah & Sandra) to Maria's very own elder sister...gosh...that's a total of 9 weddings! And people already started asking when's my turn. Sighs...wait people, wait. I haven't even met The One. :)

-Made lotsa new friends. Go on dates. Make merry. Dinner gatherings. Catch up with my kakis. You all know who you are. Thank you...for being there for me through my ups & downs. Without my dearest friends & colleagues, I bet it will be harder than I can imagine it will be. Started year 2007 with a bad note..& I'm glad I end it fantabulously. :)

-Work took a slight change & I get to lead my team on shift basis. It's indeed a career progression & though stress is always there..the "kids" getting on my nerves...I do enjoy what I'm doing SOMETIMES. :) Maybe the new year has something bigger in store for me.

-Changed my image quite a bit. More outgoing, more happening. I'm still grounded, don't worry. I dyed & permed my hair for the first time in my life. People are saying I look better when I'm single than when I was attached. Hahaha! I pamper & treat myself well. Got a laptop, did more spa sessions, shopped alone...& I feel so happily independent & self sufficient.

In short, 2007 was really one hell of a year. I guess...God put me to a test & I'm glad I manage to survive. It's a case of...what doesn't kill me will make me stronger. :) I hope...in 2008, life will just get better & may happiness be with me. Insyallah.

P/s: Oh, I MAY stop blogging altogether..or won't update as often anymore. It's been 2 years now..time to "retire". Hehe....

3 comments:

LeiyA said...

hey babe, its gonna be a fanta-gorgeous 2008!
all the best in the pursuit of happiness...always remember, things happen for a reason and the reason is PERFECT!
I'm always around! :)

ah fun said...

yea guess we've been thru quite alot in the past year. oh heck, we made it out alive and yup wad doesnt kill us will make us stronger! 2008 will be good!

hey why stop blogging altogether? i find its a good outlet to let go of stuff and it also keeps ppl updated on wads going on in your life? ppl like me who are so near yet so far... haha

Helmi said...

Eh, Catherine's wedding in 2008 not 2007 Cannot count.