Friday, December 07, 2007

The Luxury of Being Myself

I finally made it. Not too far...in fact it's just next door. I'm blogging in the comfort of Hilton KL on level 24. I just need to go somewhere alone. So I bought the coach tics, booked the room & packed my bags. Oh...with Hewlett in tow. :)

Suliana screamed at me coz I only told her I'm going to KL for the weekend just yesterday. My folks are more concerned about the monetary terms...saying that I'm wasting my hard earned money. My friends thought I have nothing better to do. But best of all, one of my colleague, Jacqueline, named the trip incognito! Like wow...haha!

I took the coach down to Corus Hotel before boarding the Rapid KL to KL Sentral. The check-in process at Hilton took some time coz apparently they cancelled my booking as it's non guaranteed. I looked at my watch & told the Malay receptionist, "It's only 2.30 pm and I thought non-guaranteed bookings are to be released at 4 pm?" You see, as much as I try to be nice on my off days, some buggers are always testing my patience. When I asked her what exactly happened, she politely told me that everything's fine. *rolls eyes* How fine can it be when you have to make like 3 phone calls before you allow the guest to check in?! She assigned me a nice room on the 24th floor, facing the city. So, I guess there's justice after all.

I freshen up a bit & even had time to paint my nails! I decided to walk around KLCC for awhile since it's pretty early still. I got bored coz there's nothing much to shop & thought of going to Bt Bintang instead. I was shocked when part of the KLCC LRT station was blocked coz there were too many people at one time! We had to wait for a few minutes, before we're allowed to enter the station. And waited another 20 minutes coz I couldn't board the LRT! I just head back to KL Sentral instead of dropping by Bt Bintang. It was THAT hard to go back!

Anyway, I bought the famous chicken rice from The Chicken Rice Shop for dinner & ate it in my room. Now my blog name makes sense....safe in a crazy world. *winks*

3 comments:

Helmi said...

Congrats on your accomplishment. You told me before that you just had to travel alone.

ah fun said...

wow.. well done. i have that urge to quit, pack my bags and go backpacking alone too. i wonder when it'll happen tho. hope u enjoyed ur KL trip alone. =)

LeiyA said...

u inspire me lah...i still cant do it...