Monday, October 15, 2007

Hari Raya Celebrations

The Raya outings weren't much of a difference this year. As usual, my family went to my uncle's place on the first day as my grandmommy is there. It's nice meeting my cousins, the older & younger ones. Now that we all have grown up, we only see each other like...twice or thrice every year? My mom even said that in future, their kids may not know my kids or the fact that they're actually relatives. Haha...at this rate, how true is that.

Anyway, my relatives simply luuurve asking me the million dollar question. *rolls eyes*. Tired of repeating the same answer for the same question, can? Surprisingly, my mom helped me out this time! She happily told my aunties it won't be anytime soon coz "there's still vacancy & wondered if there's anyone who wanna apply". She sounded as if her daughter will be left on the shelf like that. I'm an eligible bachelorette, hokays!

Oh..my cousin, Ayos, resigned from his "metal rice bowl" job & gonna join NIE next year! So unbelivable. Haha..his younger sister was asking me if I have anyone to intro to her brother. I immediately thought of Liah (first choice!) or Siti (if no choice!) since these 2 are the only Malay girls (whom still single) I can think of at that moment. Any other interested applicants, please feel free to contact me directly. My cousin is veeeery eligible, just that he's short! Hahaha!


11 comments:

LeiyA said...

haha...thanks for thinking of me!
was asked the million dollar qt too...

Helmi said...

Wonder why when we meet our relatives, always will be ask the question eh. I was asked the same question but my mum answered for me. Her reply was she still need me to take care of the family, classic answer.

LeiyA said...

wah....damn classic...never tell me earlier...im going to use that so solid...:P

Anonymous said...

you put me as your cousin's second choice. look woman, i'm the one who should be more desperate lor!
was asked that million dollar question so many times that i have 2 answers and it depends on the mood of the day.
- kahwin mana-mana boleh, nikah tak boleh OR
- akan datang...

-siti-kus

inoemieself said...

Aku...tak payah jawab..they give me choices. NAK CARIKAN JODOH LAGI ADER!!!!!! Haisz....**shake heads**

Norain said...

Helmi: Your mom's ans is fantastic! I shall use it from now on. Looks good on me too. Haha!

Leiya: We're always in the same boat anyway. So, of course I'll think of you! Keke...

Siti: My fren, Liah is older than you larr. So she's more desperate. LOL! If I got other males to intro, I tell you, hokays?

Sadiq: If the makciks wanna fine for you, just accept. So choosy for wat? Later become "bujang lapok". Haha!

Helmi said...

Kahwin mana-mana boleh, hehe. I like this one.

Anonymous said...

Im probably the Only Chinese reading this now, but juz wanna add i get tad question all e time too..One of e reasons i dun quite like to go for CNY Visiting..B4 i forget, to all my malay colleagues, Selamat Hari Raya! (",)

Dan

FrankieThai said...

Well guys & girls...believe it or not I TOO get that question!!! I mean, can't they tell????????? Or they just want the "SOLID answer" from me?????? That I'm "happy"??? hmmmmmmmm
Myabe there's a course for ppl becoming aunts & uncles where they were taught to ask the same questions...that's why EVERY aunts and uncles in the world will ask THAT same question everytime they meet their newphews and all...???
U think? LOL

Edz GorGor said...

hmmm .... this is a very interesting topic. i think they either wanna make fun of us for not getting married or they just wanna create a topic for conversation.

there's this one time, an aunt sarcastically asked me why i still havent got married at this age,she asked me whether there's something wrong with my 'burung'. feeling irritated, i jus told her to send her daughter to my house tonight and she will give her the answer tomorrow. wahahaaha ... i still remembered her embarassed look ... wahahahahahaahah

Helmi said...

Edward, your response to your aunt's enquiry is damn good. Respect you sak.